Tortellini Soup
1 pound of mild Italian sausage (or hamburger)
5 cups of beef broth
1 cup chopped onion
2 cloves of garlic or 1 tsp of garlic powder
1 cup water
2 cups of tomatoes
1 cup sliced or diced carrots
1/2 tsp basil
1/2 tsp of oregano
14 ounce can of tomato sauce
1 1/2 cups of zucchini
2 cups of tortellini (meat or cheese)
2 tsp parsley
1 green pepper chopped
Brown meat; add onion and garlic, drain fat off. Add broth and rest of ingredients except for tortellini. When vegetables firm but almost done add tortellini and finish cooking.
I often use a 28 ounce can of tomatoes for the 2 cups of tomatoes called for in recipe
Bread Sticks
1 1/2 cups hot water
1 tbsp sugar
2 1/2 tsp yeast
3 cups flour
1 tsp salt
(mix yeast with flour)
Knead it, divide into 3, form a rectangle, 6 x 6, 1/4 inch thick. Cut with a pizza cutter. Do this 3 times. Put on cookie sheet. Melt butter, paint sticks or dip in butter and sprinkle with Parmesan. Bake at 400 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes. You can let them rise a bit before you cook them if you want to.
Thanks for this too!! I was just thinking I wanted to make this! YUM! You know the first time I had this was when we were in Flin Flon. It brings back great memories-we just need to get back!!
ReplyDeleteLove ya